- Proceedings APF14 "Privacy Technologies and Policy" [posted on: 21/05/2014]
- APF venue information [posted on: 14/05/2014]
- Programme update and venue APF'14 [posted on: 25/03/2014]
Privacy is a fundamental need and a basic right. However, often it seems that the utility of electronic communication devices comes with the cost of privacy. Furthermore, civil security discussions often get the spin that there is a clear and unavoidable trade off with privacy. The academic community maintains the motion that privacy can be protected without utility or security loss. However, this is often not reflected in IT products or civil security policy. In light of the above, the European Commission Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT), the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) and, as local host, the Systems Security Laboratory (SSL) of the University of Piraeus organizes a two day event with the objective to provide a forum to academia, industry and policy makers in the field.
The Annual Privacy Forum will take place on 20th and 21th of May 2014 during the Greek Presidency of the Council of the EU.
Speakers and Team
WHY YOU CAN’T MISS APF 2014
- Learn from the professionals in the field
- Get involved in a high level debate
- Discover the trends for the future
- Network with key players in NIS
- Travel to Greece in its EU Presidency mandate
- Forum days 20th and 21st of May
- Submission 16th of December extended to 23rd of December
Thank you for your submissions!
- Notification 3rd of February
- Camera-ready 3rd of March
- Registration (early registration by 21st of April)
- Venue: Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens center